30 Jun 2020
» Events archive
Integrated Research Policy Roadmap
Despite the significant advances that have been made, there is an urgent need to develop and adequately resource a patient-centred European Translational Research Platform that maximises the impact of new and existing activities at European and national levels, thus ensuring the efficient translation of research promise into innovative PM care for European patients.
Establishment of this platform is a central component of the EAPM Research Policy Roadmap.
The proposed ETRP should:
- Link infrastructures in relevant domains at national/European levels to empowers the added–value translation of European research excellence into new predictive, preventative and personalised solutions
- Convene expertise across the translational research continuum to effectively deliver transformational solutions that will contribute to better health and wellbeing for Europe’s citizens
- Develop a transparent Patient‐Academic‐Clinical‐Industry partnership to facilitate research translation from concept to reality
- Enable active cooperation between all relevant stakeholders to remove the barriers (structural, regulatory, etc) that hamper the translation of European research discoveries to clinical, economic and societal benefit for Europe’s citizens.
- Underpin through these principles EAPM’s vision to embed PM in European health systems
For more information on the activities relating to research agenda or/and to invite EAPM to become a partner in a project, please contact Denis Horgan, Executive Director